Installing the SSO Client in Chrome
If you have claimed an account in a Browser Extension SSO application, you need to install the EmpowerID SSO Client in your browser before you can single sign-on to the application. This topic demonstrates how to do so by installing the SSO Client in Chrome.
To install the browser extension in Chrome
- Using Chrome, log in to the EmpowerID Web application as a user with a Browser Extension SSO application.
- From the Navigation Sidebar, navigate to your personal applications by expanding Applications and clicking Login.
This directs you to your Personal Applications page.
Click the icon for a browser extension application.
As the browser extension has yet to be installed, EmpowerID displays a dialog stating the browser extension is required to login to the application and asking if you would like to install it now.
- Click Yes.
Clicking Yes directs you to the Chrome Web Store.
- From the Chrome Web Store, click Add To Chrome.
- Click Add extension.
- Once the SSO Client is installed, click the icon for it located to the right of your browser address bar.
- Type the DNS for your EmpowerID Web server in the EmpowerID Server DNS field and then click OK. This tells the SSO Client who it needs to talk to in order to retrieve your Browser Extension apps.
Now that you have installed the SSO Client, the next step is to log in to your Browser Extension SSO app.