Uninstalling EmpowerID involves stopping the Windows services, running the uninstaller, and deleting the database from your SQL server.
To uninstall EmpowerID
- From the Start menu, open Services, and stop your EmpowerID Web Role Service and EmpowerID Worker Role Service.
- From the Start menu, open Programs and Features, right-click the EmpowerID Server program, and select Uninstall.
- Click Yes to continue. The uninstaller removes everything except the EmpowerID database in SQL Server.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio, expand the Databases node, right-click EmpowerID, and select Delete.
To verify that EmpowerID is uninstalled, you can check the following:
- Open Services and verify that the EmpowerID Web Role Service and EmpowerID Worker Role Service are gone.
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and verify that there are no EmpowerID application pools, and that the EmpowerID web site is gone.
- In File Explorer, navigate to C:/Windows/assembly and verify that there are no EmpowerID assemblies in your GAC.
- Open Registry Editor, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE node, then SOFTWARE, and verify that TheDotNetFactory node is gone.